Announcement concerning the study organization of the winter semester of the Academic Year 2020/2021 at the School of Medicine University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
the Coronavirus Pandemic requires from us special safety rules. Therefore please be familiar with the below informations.
- During the Academic Year 2020/2021 all classes will be held with current sanitary and safety precautions. The organization of the lab and clinical classes will be held according to the Chief Sanitary Inspector recommendations in regards to the classes safety organization at the medical study fields. Among others: only healthy students are able to participate in the classes, with covered mouth and nose, bringing unnecessary things to the classes is prohibited (including mobile phones), only the use of own accessories is allowed (stethoscopes), as well as the disinfection of common items is a must.
- We would like to remind you, that starting from Academic Year 2020/2021 all lectures and seminars will be held online. Some of the practical classes will be held as well online. However all Clinical Classes are held in the in-person form. Detailed information about the individual course teaching form is available at the Clinic/Department website. The Timetable for each Year is available at the School of Medicine website (STUDENT PART- Classes Schedule).
- According to the previous announced information, classes for the 1st Year Students both for Polish & English Division are carried out online and will start from the 5th of October 2020.
- From 30th of November 2020, 1st Year Students of English Division (ED) will start the regular classes in the mixed form (hybrid), both online and in-person classes. 1st Year Students of Polish Division (PD) will start the regular classes in the mixed form from 2nd of November 2020.
- The Opening Ceremony of the Academic Year 2020/2021 for the 1st Year Students will not take place. Inauguracja roku akademickiego na Wydziale Lekarskim nie odbędzie się.
- Basic informations (Classes Schedule, News) in regards to the study organization can be found on the School of Medicine website, detailed course informations can be found on the Departments websites.
- Please follow the applicable sanitary and epidemiological rules before entering the Deans Office or any other University building (obligatory cover for mouth and nose where a distance from another person is less than 2m). Student of the 1st Year should keep in mind that before the restart of the regular in-person classes (30th November 2020) you are obligated to fullfil the needed requirements of your school admission at the Deans Office (admission document, signing the contract, collecting the student ID card etc.). The Deans Office Staff will provide you with further details in regards to the above.
- Student housing (Dorm Accommodation) is available at the ZAK FOUNDATION website. Please start the application process.
- Non EU citizens are kindly asked to start the application for the visa.
- The provisions of the Regulations No. 45/2020 of the Rector of the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn of 22nd May 2020 on the principles of operation of the University Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn in the state of epidemic (as amended) remain valid.
Dean of the School of Medicine
Leszek Gromadziński, MD, PhD, prof. UWM